Emblem Vault (EV) was first deployed on OpenSea on September 9th, 2020. As NFTs began to catch fire during the early portion of 2021 EV found a use-case from an unexpected community, Historical NFTs. As this niche market began to grow over the course of 2021 so did the demand for Emblem Vault blockchain integrations and utility expectation.
Blockchains integrations grew as Namecoin, Dogecoin, Tezos, and many others were added during NFTs mainstream breakout moment. This demand soared to over 30,000 ETH worth of NFTs traded across Emblem Vault’s OpenSea page. During this massive hype cycle we began to realize that it was not a one-vault-fits-all situation. The Emblem OpenSea storefront became jumbled with multi-blockchain assets in a way that was tough to organize. Meanwhile, Emblem Vaults that were created as ERC-721 tokens were not the most optimized way to store ERC-1155-like tokens from platforms like Counterparty and Dogeparty.
After nearly a full year of of ideation, experimentation, and now deployment, Emblem is excited to launch Curated Collections. A new Vaulting Standard that exists as ERC-1155 tokens, which also comes with new features including Batch Minting and additional anti-scam implementations.
-Read more about The Power of Emblem Vault Curated Collections HERE
In this tutorial we will show you how to access the new Curated Vaulting Standard and how to successfully vault your NFTs that will appear in their specific Curated Collections.
1) First, you’ll need ETH to pay for gas fees.
2) Second, Emblem requires 250 COVAL to mint a vault.
3) If you don’t own any COVAL tokens are available for purchase on Uniswap or Coinbase.
4) Now you’re ready! Click “Create Curated” and let’s get started!
Previously, the vaulting process required the user to add a customized title, description, and image. The new vaulting procedure is now a quick three-click-process that can be completed in seconds.
1) Click on the first drop down box and choose the specific “Curated NFT Collection” of your choice. In this example we are using the “Emblem Test” Collection.
2) Next, click on the specific “NFT” you wish to vault within the Curated Collection. In this example we are vaulting the individual NFT “EVTESTCOMMON”.
3) Verify that the image displayed is the correct image related to your NFT.
4) Click “Create Vault” to move on to the minting page.
A new feature you will see on the next page is “Approve Coval”. This is required to give permission to the Emblem.Finance Dapp to spend the amount of 250 COVAL, which is required to mint a single vault.
1) Click on “Approve Coval” to approve Coval spending.
2) The top right displays the amount of COVAL in your wallet.
3) If you don’t own any COVAL ERC-20 tokens they are available for purchase on Uniswap or Coinbase.
4) Click “Approve” on MetaMask to allow permissions.
An anti-fraudulent mechanism you will see in the next section is the hollowed “Mint Vault” button. Until the correct asset is sent and stored inside of your vault you will not have the ability to mint. This prevents spam and malicious behavior from entering the Curated Collection Storefronts.
1) Click on “BTC/XCP/OMNI” under “Deposit Addresses” to view your BTC Public Key.
2) Copy your BTC Address that is displayed.
Now it’s time to head over to the Counterparty wallet of choice! In this example we are using FreeWallet.
1) Open up FreeWallet and click “Send Funds”.
2) Paste in the copied BTC Address from your Emblem Vault into the “Destination” tab.
3) Choose the matching NFT under “Token Name” to send to your pre-minted Emblem Vault.
4) Choose the correct “Amount” of tokens to send.
5) Click “Send Funds”.
6) Congrats! Your transaction has been sent!
1) To find your pre-minted vault you will need to head back to “Emblem.Finance” and click on “My Vaults”, followed by “Curated”, and finally “Not Minted (curated)”.
Once your vault has received the correct NFT you will see that you are eligible to mint your Curated Emblem Vault.
1) Verify that your NFT is displayed inside of the vault.
2) Click on “Mint Vault” and proceed to signing the transaction on your MetaMask.
1) Verify the “Origin” is “Emblem.Finance”.
2) Check that the “Message” displays “Curated Minting”.
3) “Sign” the Message.
1) After you have signed the message on MetaMask you will next receive a transaction request that will require a gas fee and signature. Once you have set the proper gas levels then click “Confirm”.
2) Once you have signed for the transaction you will see a “Minting Vault” display inside of your vault.
Congrats! You have successfully minted your vault! Here is how you can verify that you have completed the process!
1) You will see your address displayed at the top of the vault.
2) Verify the correct NFT is inside of the vault.
3) The option to “Transfer Vault” will appear.
4) The option to “Approve Claiming” will appear. This is the first step to “Cracking the Vault” and bringing your asset back to its native chain.